１. Personal Information
Personal information means “personal information” as referred to in Personal Information Protection Law, and is information about living individuals, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, etc. This refers to information (personal identification information) that can identify a specific individual from such information alone, such as information and appearance that can identify a specific individual by description, fingerprint, voiceprint data, and health insurance card insurer number, etc…
２. Personal data you provide to us
The Foundation may collect your personal data when you submit it to us (including through the Site). Data that we may collect includes your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number. In addition, transaction records including user personal information made between users and alliance partners of this Foundation (information providers, advertisers, ad distribution destinations, etc… hereinafter referred to as “partner”).
３. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The purpose of the collection and use of personal information is as follows.
- To provide and operate the Foundation’s services.
- To respond to user inquiries (including verifying identity)
- To send e-mails about new functions, update information, campaigns, etc. of user’s services and other services provided by the Foundation.
- For maintenance and important notices as necessary.
- To identify users who have violated the Terms of Service or who intend to use the service for fraudulent or unfair purposes, and refuse to use them.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete, or view the usage status of their registered information.
- To charge users fees for usage for paid services.
- For the Purposes associated with the above purposes of use.
４. Change of purpose of use
- The Foundation changes the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is relevant to that before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the purpose of the change will be notified to the users or announced on this website by the method prescribed by the Foundation.
５. Provision of personal information to third parties
- The Foundation will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, unless otherwise permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- In cases where it is necessary for a national institution or local public entity or a person entrusted by the government to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, with the consent of the principal, the execution of the affairs. When there is a risk of interference.
- When the following matters have been announced or announced in advance and the Foundation has notified the Personal Information Protection Committee.
- The use purpose includes provision to third parties.
- Items of data provided to third parties.
- Means or method of provision to third parties.
- Stop providing personal information to third parties at the request of the person.
- How to accept your request.
- Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the provider of the information need not be a third party.
- When the Foundation entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided in connection with business succession due to a merger or other reasons.
- When using personal information jointly with a certain person, to that effect, the items of personal information used jointly, the scope of the joint use, the purpose of the use. Informing the person in advance of the name or name of the person responsible for the purpose and management of the personal information, or placing it in a state where the person can easily know.
６. Disclosure of personal information
- When the Foundation is asked for disclosure of personal information by the person in question, the Foundation will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if one of the following applies to the disclosure, all or part of it may not be disclosed. In the case of refusal to disclose, we will notify without delay. The Foundatinon will charge 1,000 yen per case for personal information disclosure.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party.
- When there is a risk of significant impediment to the proper operation of the Foundation’s proper operations.
- Other cases that would violate laws and regulations.
- Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information, such as historic information and characteristic information, will not be disclosed in principle.
７. Correction and deletion of personal information
- If the personal information held by the Foundation is incorrect, the user can claim to correct, add or delete the personal information to the Foundation.
- If the Foundation determines that it is necessary to respond to the request of the preceding paragraph from the user, the personal information shall be corrected without delay.
- The Foundation will notify the user without delay when corrections are made based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph or when it is decides not to make corrections.
８. Suspension of use of personal information
- The Foundation will conduct the necessary investigation without delay, when the user seeks to suspend the use of, or erase, personal information on the grounds that the personal information has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or has been obtained by unauthorized means.
- Based on the survey results in the previous paragraph, if it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request, the use of the personal information will be suspended or erased without delay.
- The Foundation will notify the user without delay of the suspension of use or erasure of the personal information, or of the rejection of the claim based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
- Regardless of the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where there is considerable expenses required for the suspension or erasure and it is difficult to suspend or erase, and if we have any other method which can be undertaken in order to protect the rights and interests of users, this alternative shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy can be changed without notifying the user, except in cases specified in laws, regulations and this policy.
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following office.
Taketomijima Regional Foundation
Contact：Foundation Contact Form